From: Michael Richardson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 4:54 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: [pfSense Support] Dual-wan Setup issue (Yes, I've read a few
Dual-Wan HOWTO docs AND I've rebuilt the router)

First let me say that I love PF and am using it enough that I'm
considering the standard support contract, but I'm not quite there yet
so I still need community support.

I've got a dual-wan setup and I want to cause traffic between an
internal machine, and external machine to occur over WAN2 (I could use
source or destination as criteria). Both public IPs would share a
gateway so I've put a NAT device on WAN2 and connected the modem to it
so now both WAN ports are on different subnets. (more)

With the appropriate LAN rule in place, traffic doesn't flow UNLESS I
start a packet capture on WAN2 (I found this while trying to
troubleshoot). Why would this be? Anyone got the time and know-how to
help me troubleshoot this?

Here's my setup. Hope the art comes through decently. The reason for the
SpeedStream device is because otherwise both WAN interfaces would have
the same gateway IP and I read that is unacceptable for a dual-wan
config.

            |           WAN     67.x.x.12           |---- Cable Modem1

            |                                               |

            |           "pfSense 1.2"                |

| LAN 192.168.1.0                      |

            |                                               |
|           "SpeedStream 2601" for NAT     |

            |           WAN2   192.168.0.2       |---------- |
192.168.0.1                                         |------ Cable Modem
2

I want to be sure that traffic FROM 192.168.1.22 or traffic TO 78.x.x.10
goes through WAN2 (I can use source, destination, or both).

Outbound NAT is set to Automatic and has only the default LAN rule in
place. I have added a LAN rule, but instead of trying to communicate
what it is and confirm it's right, I think it would be faster if someone
could tell me what it should be (at least one of the options), and I'll
just use that.

ANYthing else I haven't mentioned, I likely don't know about and need
pointed out.

Thanks in advance, and I'm loving 1.2. The upgrade was flawless.

Mike