On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 6:11 PM, RB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Two suggestions: search the list archives and find the multitude of
> answers to this question, and find out what your current PPS and
> bandwidth throughput is.  Unless you're actually pushing Gig-E speeds,
> it's doubtful you'll even stress most modern router-quality hardware.

At best, his current hardware isn't pushing 500Mbit (32bit PCI bus -
besides, the Netra has two onboard 100Mbit NICs and it's unlikely
given the age of the hardware that he has a gig card in there,
probably just another Happy Meal adapter).  Given my personal testing,
he won't have a problem hitting somewhere close to 400k PPS with the
new hardware - I promise the Sun hardware is lower (it's closing on 10
years old).

You'll be happy with the ML350 - it's not even a fair comparison
against that Sun box.