On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Ryan Rodrigue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for the super quick reply.  I thought as much, but just wanted to
> confirm.  Is there a limit to the number of processors it supports?  Will a
> dual zeon quad core (8 processors) work?  i really don't have a need for
> that much, but I was just curious while I have you here.

*work* - yes.  There is a point of diminishing returns since PF (the
packet filter we use) is under the Giant lock in FreeBSD.  There
certainly is a performance boost going past one CPU (not linearly
scaled to the number of cores however), not sure if you'll see it with
HyperThreading or not though - the FreeBSD SMP scheduler isn't exactly
optimized for HTT.