On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 09:16, JJB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I, and some of our users are getting very slow, modem like upload speeds on
> OpenVPN from home - using Tunnelblick on my DSL (6mbit down 768 up).
> Download speed is OK - about 560kbps. The WAN link I am connected to is
> 3mbit in both directions. This might be a mac-only issue, not sure, I
> haven't heard any complaints from Windows OpenVPN users.

I use Tunnelblick with no issue, and I know several of the devs
primarily use Macs as well.

Your architecture is somewhat unclear - do I correctly surmise that
you have a pfSense server *somewhere* on a 3/3 connection, and that
several users connect to it via OpenVPN?

Depending on who your individual providers are, they could well be
throttling encrypted, off-port outbound (upload) traffic; I know
Rogers did [does?], effectively killing VPN use.

Your long ping time below is definitely indicative of link saturation
(tunnel or otherwise), be that done on purpose by the ISP or not.