From: RB [mailto:aoz....@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 7:16 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] Exchange RPC/HTTPS outbound client

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 19:46, Joseph L. Casale
<jcas...@activenetwerx.com> wrote:
> I am using 1.2-RELEASE and have a client that needs to connect to an
> Exchange Server via
> RPC/HTTPS that I know to be in working order. This client cannot connect
> when behind pfsense
> but can access owa on this server.
>
> Are there any known issues, I couldn't find anything that suggested any
> additional config?

pfSense by default does not employ any application-layer logic and
would not interfere with typical HTTPS (tcp/443) traffic.  If,
however, you have installed the Squid package or have some other proxy
intercepting the traffic, it's most likely silently dropping methods
it's not configured for.