Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> I have an HP DL120 G5 I am trying to use pfSense-1.2.3-RC1-Embedded on
> and it just hangs on the bootloader. I am using a 4gig USB key that
> I wrote the img to.
>
> Are there any particular bios requirements for this to work or other setup
> requirements?

I have seen some BIOS that would only boot from a USB key in that case
after a BIOS update and some option twiddling (though I don't recall what).

We have also seen that some embedded devices require booting in packet
mode or nopacket mode, depending on the BIOS it could be one or the
other. This can be changed, but required plugging the device into
another FreeBSD box or another pfSense box and running:

boot0cfg -o packet /dev/da0

Where packet can also be nopacket, and /dev/da0 is the full path to the
USB device as seen by the OS (check dmesg).

I don't recall what the RC1 images are, but the current nanobsd
snapshots should be using packet mode.

Before doing much else, I'd also try a more recent snapshot than RC1.

Jim