Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> I have been asked to monitor traffic, per user through our openvpn pfsense
> setup, as its
> setup for filtering (Therefor I know what ip each user uses), I presume this
> can easily be
> done by looking at traffic between the opt int and the lan int.
>
> Are there provisions built in to pfsense to make this easy, can I send the
> data to a different
> host for example w/ a mysql backend?

If you have your OpenVPN tun interface assigned as an OPT, you can
probably use any of the existing bandwidth monitoring software packages:

http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/How_can_I_monitor_bandwidth_usage%3F

You might be able to find a free netflow collector that can push data to
MySQL, but I have only tinkered with netflow (there is a free perl
script out there somewhere that grabs data).

Jim