On 12/11/2009 5:21 AM, bsd wrote:
> I wanted to know if It was Ok to install SquidGuard package with an embedded
> version of pfSense working on NanoBSD ?
> I plan to deploy It on Alix board… As the system is mounted RO… I am not
> certain this will be the best settings.
>
> Will this still be ok - or do you have any other suggestion ?
>
> What are your advise ?

It works, mostly, you just need to take some care.

Make sure you set squid to a disable cache or have a cache size of 0,
and someone on the forums reported that squidguard's blacklist
functionality may not be quite working on embedded.

When fixing up the packages, I installed and configured it with basic
settings and it did work. I mainly tested the ACLs and Destination
filtering, etc.

Jim