On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Michel Servaes <mic...@mcmc.be> wrote:
This seems to work fine...
But, is it normal that I can install packages if I want to ?

Yes, see "embedded switched to nanobsd" here:
http://blog.pfsense.org/?p=531

Only the ones that can reasonably run from CF are available, but
that's most of them. It mounts read write, installs, and mounts back
read only.

Thanks, should of been paying a bit more attention I guess ;-)
But when the nanoBSD came out - I wasn't interested yet, as I wasn't installing on any embedded device yet !

I guess I'll be contacting pcengines anytime soon now, to go and upgrade to a greener environment !! This is really cool ! (but reading the thread you gave me, I am not the only one thinking this way)