There is a default check around 1h01 am, for an IP change ?

/usr/bin/nice -n20 /etc/rc.dyndns.update
Why is this there, and can I safely remove it ?
I do a pppoerestart around 4AM, and have rescheduled the above rule around 4h04... but this seems to give me no advantage (instead an entry in the logfile that the IP address hasn't changed (guess doing a pppoerestart initiates the dyndns.update itself).

In my case, might it be a better choice to do an update around 1PM instead ?

Today I had an issue using dyndns, it couldn't reach "members.dyndns.org" - and only the pfsense boxes were affected somehow ?? Was there an issue today with dyndns ? Can I install a dyndns server myself ??

Kind regards,
Michel