Jim Pingle wrote:
> On 6/30/2010 10:16 AM, Lyle Giese wrote:
>
>> I am playing with 2.0 Beta and saw Beta3 was availible.  I am running
>> the nanobsd version on a Soekris Net4801 on a 2g SanDisk CF card.  The
>> orginal load was by putting the Beta2 image on the CF card with dd.
>>
>> I downloaded the latest snapshot of Beta3 and tried to upload via a
>> browser the new version for upgrading, but it failed with the following:
>>
>> Jun 30 08:52:39 proxy php: : New alert found: Upgrade failed due to the
>> upgrade image being larger than the partition that is configured on
>> disk.  Halting. Size on disk: 219 < Size of new image: 488
>>

>> Is removing the CF card and using DD again, my only option now?
>>

> Are you absolutely sure you are using the proper size upgrade image?
>
> Often this error is because the wrong size upgrade image is used, or a
> full image is being uploaded instead of an upgrade image.
>
> Jim

Thanks, Jim.

But why would I look in the upgrade directory on the download site when
I had downloaded the nanobsd version from the nanobsd directory?  There
are no upgrade images in the nanobsd directory, you have to go into the
upgrade directory to find them.

Nothing noted that I could find in the download area about using an
upgrade image or on the page that directed me to the download page for
the 2.0 beta or on the user interface in pfSense where you upload the
img.gz file to<GRIN>!

Lyle