On 2/23/11 10:39 AM, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
Yes, it's the pfsense nut package, which uses Nut 2.04 afaik.  The
pfsense nut package currently only allows one ups to be plugged in at
once.  this allows you to plug in multiple ups's and manage them from
pfsense.  Are you using an APC UPS?  because if you're not, you really
shouldn't be using apcupsd. There are tons of other drivers setup for
your specific UPSs.  Also, if you are using an APC ups you really
shouldn't need to hack it to get it to work.  I've plugged in many APC
UPSs to Nut and all seem to work with out of the box if the settings are
set correctly.
Scott,
I have several pfsense appliances in several modes:) But only one directly
attached, most are remote via snmp or need to be slaves of another Linux
box running a master instance of some software, as far as I knew, the original
pkg couldn't do either of the snmp or slave modes?

Thanks for everything!
jlc

By slave modes, do you mean that it us just monitoring the UPS. We have implemented a check box that says "Does this firewall rely on power from this ups?" If checked it makes the firewall shutdown if the battery becomes critical(and doesn't shutdown if it isn't checked). If you could give me a quick run down of the layout you're trying to achieve I may be able to help. Also if possible please provide ups vendor/models.

--
Scott Benson
A1 Networks