Hi Bao,

You're welcome :)

I've read that, but not sure if that is actually true in all cases.

Wow, that is fast! I doubt pfSense writes so much in that time the CF-cards
start dieing, although I might be wrong.

Could be the (lack of?) quality of the CF-cards combined with that problem
that is causing them to fail so fast. (This is just me thinking out loud.)

Out of curiosity, why ship systems with an OS that is still beta? Well, RC1
now, but still....

Not sure if this will help, but maybe adding /etc/rc.conf_mount_ro to a
script that runs during boot-up will do some good. It's the command to mount
read-only.

I still have to add that one and /etc/rc.conf_mount_rw to the script that
makes an IPv6 tunnel on my pfSense v1.2.3 system, since the script needs to
write something during the boot of pfSense when the script is started but
can't do that because of RO filesystem....

Hope this problem will be solved soon!

With regards,

Bart

  _____