On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 6:35 AM, Shibashish <shi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have pfSense Version2.0-RC1 (i386) which runs multiple websites and acts
> as a load balancer too. I have a website which is eating up all
> my bandwidth. I want to restrict that ip to use 10Mbps of my bandwidth and
> keep the rest for others. How do I restrict that one ip to not eat all my
> bandwidth?

The easiest way to just limit one host is to create two limiters for
that host, one for upload and one for download. Then create firewall
rules that pass traffic to/from that host only and specify the limiter
on those rules. You can go through the process of setting up the
traffic shaper in its entirety, but that's quite a bit more effort
than necessary if the above is all you want to accomplish.