On 09/28/2011 07:24 AM, Rob Dunn wrote:
> Here's my tip - don't store your password in Pidgin, just have it prompt you
> every time.  But, not everyone will follow this rule (knowing users).
>
> As an aside, it would be nice if there was a plugin developed for pidgin that
> would disallow password storage...or is there something that can be done to
> facilitate an 'always prompt' action?

As per that Wiki document, Pidgin defaults to not storing passwords.
You have to manually check the box to cause it to happen.

There is a branch on MTN which enables pidgin to use one of a couple
existing keyring systems to store passwords.  If this branch receives
help to make it stable, then it can be merged.

I would strongly encourage anyone interested to look into the state of
that branch and submit patches to finish it.

Kevin