On 2013-08-23 02:40, David Woolley wrote:
As I remember it, their T&Cs say that they will use various heuristics to detect possible misuse, and country hopping is one of the factors they will use. The heuristics may well attempt to avoid false positives from people who commonly do appear to be in two places at once.

I can definitely confirm that this happens to me whenever I travel.

I live in Canada, when BeeJive moves their IM proxies or my mail server moves to a new IP, Google throws me warnings about my account possibly being compromised due to being accessed from different geographic regions. Once I confirm that it's me, their algorthims learn.

A similar thing happens when I travel, I was fine accessing my account from the UK and a few different cities in Germany, but when I was accessing my machine at home over a VPN and I tried to access my Calendar, Google again locked me out until I confirmed that all of the connections were legitimate -- In other words, travel was fine, but both traveling and accessing from home was suspicious.

It's been a couple trips since I've had more than a request to re-authenticate, so I suspect their algorthims have figured out that I travel and where I travel and that my normal access continues.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/