Can you provide some information about the service you are using?

For example, are you using Pidgin at work?  Are you using it to connect to
AIM, Google Talk, Facebook?

Generally speaking, you can change how your name appears to yourself
(Accounts, Manage, Modify, Local Alias).

However, this does not change it for others.  That is often done on the
"back end", which varies depending on the service you are using.

-Tres

- tres.finocchi...@gmail.com