On 2014-06-04 10:32, Bill Whiteside wrote:

*Dear sir or Madam:*

**

*I am unable to successfully install Pidgin on my MS Surface. Everything loads OK, but it runs the "Connecting" dialog for hours with no completion.*

*Do you have any ideas fir this feeble mind? **J***

**

For whatever it's worth, assuming you have a Surface Pro there's nothing inherently interesting about your device being a Surface, it should "just work", and troubleshooting would be the same as any other Windows computer.

What service? You might want to try the debug logs to see if they yield any interesting results.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/