On 18/11/14 03:47, Ook wrote:
Pidgin 2.10.10 on linux, and I think 2.10.9 on windows.

I noticed today that when any msn account logged in, pidgin will sit
there and consume 200k-300k of bandwidth, even when idle. I disabled the
msn accounts, and the bandwidth consumption dropped to zero. This
started a few days or so ago (that I noticed) on all of my computers,
both linux and windows.

Anyone else seen this?

Please look at the recent postings to this mailing list and see if your problem is consistent with the other problems resulting from Microsoft's change to authorised clients.