On 07-09-2016 01:36, Eion Robb wrote:
Probably better to discuss on the developer mailing list, cc'd

Are you having trouble with development on Windows? Have you followed
all the steps on the BuildingWinPidgin wiki page?

I do all my development and testing solely on Superior Windows and
I've never really run into any problems. Just setting up the dev env
is what takes the longest, but that's not much harder than following
a few steps.

I guess I wasn't clear.

I like Visual Studio, and have been using it (with Visual Assist and other
plugins) for quite some time.

Building Pidgin (and plugins) on Windows seems to require setting up a
unix-like environment and tools.

Why cannot Visual Studio be used instead?