On 13/09/2016 18:54, Zeke wrote:
> Is there a mobile (specifically Android) version of Pidgin?  If not,
> what app do ya'll use on your phones?

I use Xabber on Android, although it's XMPP only. It works with OTR if
you want that but, as I recall, does not allow you to set a proxy.

> Chat apps on mobile are starting to feel like Windows Circa 2004 with
> the billion apps out there and I'd love to utilize the unifying power
> or Pidgin to combine them all into one interface (if that's even
> possible).

I think the problem is that chat is once again a potential revenue and
advertising stream and the real key to utilising this is to keep control
of the protocol and keep others out. This means that it gets harder and
harder for protocol-neutral third party chat programs like Pidgin to
'compete'.

--
Mark Rousell