On 2017-10-30 11:30 AM, Winston Weinert wrote:
On 10/30/2017 09:43 AM, pid...@alexoren.com wrote:
On 2017-10-30 9:57 AM, Winston Weinert wrote:
I'd like to synchronize my Pidgin's .purple dot-file across computers,
and use the configuration simultaneously on two different machines. My
understanding is each XMPP login needs a separate resource, and the logs
will clobber for starters. I've also noticed there is a blist.xml that
gets updated whenever Pidgin is active...

So I guess my question turns into, is it possible to set up Pidgin to be
more synchronization friendly? I also use OTR and a few other plugins.

As far as I know, there is no provision in pidgin for synchronizing.
Everything (configuration files, conversation logs, etc) is kept as
local resources, usually files (although there is a plugin that allows
storing conversation history in a DB).

I currently use a low-tech approach consisting of DIFFing the relevant
folders and manually resolving differences.

I thought that might be the case. A bit of a shame. I may have to also
approach synchronizing Pidgin the same way (this case, using unison).

The Dropbox et al approach may work for you if the configuration on both
machines can be *exactly* the same.