Fair enough, thanks. This causes issues in companies using certificates signed by their internal (private) root.

There are ways to work around the issue, of course, but it adds more hoops to jump through.

On 2018-01-10 14:48, Eion Robb wrote:
I made an attempt at loading certs from the Windows store, however its not possible to do this in libpurple without also using the win32 SSL/TLS system - certificates and SSL/TLS transports are tied together. Unfortunately a lot of protocols had issues when going via Window's stunnel SSL libraries instead of via NSS, and this would cause connections to hang.