I just replied with the attached to another Oracle user who doesn't know the difference between pidgin and Oracle' internal server.

On 22/01/18 16:44, Viviane Mclean wrote:
Lost connection with server: Remote host closed connection.

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/>Oracle Digital

Viviane Mclean - Area Manager

Phone: +9052678044| Fax: +9052678044|Cell: 6472787550
Oracle Digital Public Sector Applications
ORACLE Canada | 100 Milverton, Mississauga, Ontario | L5R 3P4

Green Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/commitment>

--- Begin Message --- It's never possible to log in to Pidgin, as Pidgin is a just a client that sends log in requests to a server. The server belongs to your company, not to anyone associated with this public mailing list, or the pidgin software. We can only guess what it is, and have absolutely no control over it.

Standard response to the Oracle users whose misdirected problem reports accounts for about 50% of the traffic on this list:

We are advised that people within the Oracle network can use <http://my.oracle.com/site/git/1591/index.htm> for more information; for outsiders, like us, it just redirects to the public home page.

Please explain to whoever should be supporting you why you went to the wrong place, and suggest how they could fix that in future.