On 2022-10-07 08:37, Gary Kramlich wrote:
On Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 6:35 AM Mark Rousell <mark.rous...@signal100.com> wrote:

On 06/10/2022 17:12, pid...@alexoren.com wrote:

I've tried looking to see if I can anonymize the archive, but haven't
found anything mentioning that as a possibility yet.

Why does it matter?  Currently, the archives are open for the whole
Internet to see.

Agreed. There is no need to change the state of the archives (especially
if they stay where they currently are).

The issue with the current archives is that pipermail is a mailman 2
thing, and mailman 2 has been deprecated for mailman 3 for a while now
and it's not available in distro packager managers anymore. So
something needs to be figured out to turn it into a static site or
something else that's actually maintained.

The current archives are not searchable (or if they are, I could not find a way
to easily search them), so I don't see a reason to keep them as they are.

My comment only concerned the anonymization.  I feel that anonymizing them any
further than the current publicly-accessible archives is kind of pointless.