> Subject: [Sursound] does anyone have harry f. olson, "gradient microphones",
> jasa 1946?
>
> it's cited in philip cotterel's thesis as the original source of the
> second-order gradient microphone. i can't believe it's not on the web,
> given its ripe old age.
> any pointers would be welcome. (and no, i didn't find it in the
> motherlode either.)

Hi there,

I don't know the JASA article but there is his article in JAES June 1970 called
"Ribbon Velocity Microphones". There you can find all the basics again.
Try the AES library for a copy, if not succesfull contact me.

greez

Cornelis H. Van der Gragt
Consultant for Acoustics, Audio and Music Recording
Jan Steenlaan 8
NL-1213 EL Hilversum
phone: int 31 35 624 61 64 (home)
mobile: int 31 62 551 77 23