On 11/08/2011 17:08, Charlie Richmond wrote:
On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 09:02, Michael Chapman<s...@mchapman.com>  wrote:

DID YOU KNOW ... LinkedIn ... helps you control your public image

How true ;-(>

Yeah - according to linkedin they were only supposed to be sending this out
to email addresses of my contacts who were already registered on LinkenIn.
  Personally I think Google+ is far better and will take over Twitter,
LinkedIn and eventually even Facebook, but it will take time...

In the meantime the sursound mailing list is only one of two I'm on that
actually thought I really sent that message.  All the other 40 or so
rejected it.

Well, I'm on it (and accepted the personal invitation BTW), but am only on it at all because an ex-student asked to put me on her list, and it seemed churlish to refuse. I have no idea what to do with it though, or why this or that person pops up every once in a while to ask me to be a connection. I am unlikely ever to "cold-call" anyone unless I have some massively good reason to do so, and needless to say nobody has asked me a question, offered me a job, or whatever it is that people on LinkedIn use it for!

Richard Dobson