For N x M channel convolutions on MacOS (or Windows), there's
BrahmaVolver.  It is a VST plugin, that I've used with Bidule on MacOS
with good results.

  http://www.aurora-plugins.com/Public/Brahma/Brahmavolver/

It comes up as a 2x2 initially, but you can adjust that in the Setup
panel.  Then you have to delete that instance and make another one.

As far as multithreaded, cross platform stuff, I've switched to using
the Intel Threaded Building Blocks (TBB) for my image processing and
machine learning work.  It let's you code at a higher level of
abstraction (functors, multidimensional iterators, parallel for-loops,
flow graphs, and so forth), and then manages the threads and
synchronization for you.  There is a free and open source version,
licensed under GPLv2 with the runtime exception.  See

   http://threadingbuildingblocks.org/

I haven't studied zita-convolver in any detail, so I don't know how
amenable it would be to that kind of approach.

Best...

Aaron Heller <hel...@ai.sri.com>
Menlo Park, CA  US