Was there also a patent for a ribbon mic in the UK, perhaps even earlier? (Blumlein?)

David

At 05:29 21/12/2011, dave.mal...@york.ac.uk wrote:
I think I've answered my own question - here's Harry F. Olson's patent for the ribbon mic

http://www.google.com/patents/US1885001

from March 31st 1931. Boy, were those guys on a roll in 1931! (But, of course, if anyone knows of anything earlier....)

  Dave