Richard Lee <rica...@justnet.com.au>
> If there is an obvious CF source, a goniometer (phase meter/display) will
> tell us if it is 45J or UHJ (35J).
>
> Apart from the 2 questions
>
> 1  Is it Ambisonic?  ie 45J or UHJ (35J)
> 2  Is it 45J or is it UHJ(35J)?
>
> I'm not sure any other questions are relevant to decoding for good sound.

The only immediate problem is Richard
Zoanne1uk trying to distinguish Matrix H from
System UHJ.  For him, the questions become:

 o  Is it Matrix H (48 degrees) or System UHJ
    (35 degrees)?

> But surely we should be archiving the 2 channel original.  Anything which
> comes out of this research should just be a tag/comment on the file.

Yes, agree absolutely, the tag/comment in the
file being metadata.

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org