The 2011 paper by Nachbar, et al, "ambiX - A Suggested Ambisonics
Format", specifies SN3D as the normalization scheme.  (see eqn 3 in
section 2.1, "The normalization that seems most agreeable is SN3D...")

The papers are here
   http://ambisonics.iem.at/proceedings-of-the-ambisonics-symposium-2011

--
Aaron Heller (hel...@ai.sri.com)