Hi David,

Thanks for listening and writing.  All these recordings were made at
the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall in upstate NY and broadcast on NPR's
Performance Today about 8-10 years ago.

As for the distortion, frankly I have not listened to the DTS versions
that carefully. Last night, I decoded the Brahms using VLC Player and
note that the DTS version does sound "coarser" than the original. The
masters are 48kHz, so the DTS encoding also includes a sample rate
conversion to 44.1 kHz, and I'm not sure about the quality of the SRC
in the Surcode DTS encoder.

I've uploaded the B-format files from which the DTS files were made,
if you'd like to listen to those

  http://ambisonics.dreamhosters.com/AMB/

The free Harpex player makes that particularly easy (and you can play
with different virtual mic arrays).  http://harpex.net/

In my humble option, the Stravinsky Pulcinella recording is the best
of the lot.  It was made with my MkIV (#99) when it still had the
original Calrec capsules and alignment.  The Beethoven is from the
same concert and is the one I listen to the most often.  The Dvorak
recording was made after an overhaul by Soundfield Research that
included a capsule replacement, and the Brahms after further tweaking
by Richard Lee and Eric Benjamin.

Thanks....

Aaron