> On 06/27/2012 12:22 PM, Dave Malham wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>     I remember a few years ago there was talk of getting Ambisonic
>> playback going in VLC. Did that ever get anywhere? Or, indeed, Ambisonic
>> playback for any cross-platform player?
>
> I once used mplayer to play back a video with a 3rd order horizontal
> ambisonics sound track:
>
> mplayer -ao jack -channels 7 myvideo.avi
>
> The mplayer output was routed to ambdec for decoding.

I've used mplayer a lot, with great success. Obviously it
is then your problem to decode B-format.

I wasn't sure if the original question was seeking something
that gave 'speaker' feeds or B-format.
I rather presumed the former
but ... then ...
I rather doubted if (m)any on this list would trust any
decoder packaged with a player, unless they knew an
awful lot about it ;-)>

Michael