Paul Hodges wrote:

--On 08 July 2012 18:25 +0100 Stefan Schreiber <st...@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:

Gerald Wilson wrote:

I assume no-one is manufacturing such devices anymore?

Who would buy this?   Museums?    :-)

At a sensible price I would consider it seriously. Computers are all very well, but it's still a matter of hooking up unnecessary numbers of boxes (monitors, keyboards, interfaces etc) with the electronic equivalent of string. And that's from someone whose business has been computers for over 50 years.

Paul

Agreed.

However, real-world Ambisonics files will currently be played back via computers. And only by these.

(Or there will be some 4.0/5.0 channel decodings on DVD etc.. But then you don't need a decoder...)

Best,

Stefan