On 7/21/09, Martin Leese <martin.le...@stanfordalumni.org> wrote:
> On the cover of the 29 January 1976 issue
> (Vol 69, No 985) are four dogs.  A normal dog
> (mono), one looking in two directions (stereo),
> one looking in four directions (quad), and one
> looking every which way (Ambisonics).  The
> cover is in colour, with the dog drawn in a black
> outline and the "movement lines" in red.  All of
> the drawings are of just the dog; no
> gramophone.

Back in July 2009, I offered to send people
the image of the New Scientist cover featuring
the "four-headed" dog.  This was popular.

Marc Lavallée has now kindly supplied me with
a better copy which he found on Google
Books.  His is not only cleaner than my
version, but a much smaller file.  I have placed
it on my Google Site at:
https://sites.google.com/site/mytemporarydownloads/

Download the file NewScientistDogs.jpg

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org