Ronald C.F. Antony wrote:

On 29 Oct 2012, at 18:47, etienne deleflie <edelef...@gmail.com> wrote:

At this point in time, not only is most music listened on mobile devices, most
music is even purchased on mobile devices, and that's strictly a stereo (or
maybe binaural) world.
With a custom iPhone/Android app that employs headtracking (+
headsets) on iPhone/Android devices ... you have a *huge* market
capable of accessing a quality spatial audio experience.

No, you don't have a huge market, because nobody want's to LOOK LIKE A DORK
when wearing headphones.

Unless you can convince Apple to make a special headphone cable, or adopt a
special BT protocol, and have a super-slim, stylish, fashionable head set that
is available in every Apple Store, your market is just as small as for any
other decent system: the tiny fan base of decent surround sound.

Oh yes, go to Apple and look if they listen to your ideas, and let others do their stuff instead of doing some promotion for some "stylish", "fahionable" campany offering "super slim" products.

(Samsung and Amazon sell also a lot of smartphones and tablets, by the way. If it i just about numbers, Samsungs sells actually more mobile phones...)

I am really angry about these postings. Look for surround in your local Apple store, and if you find somen give us some news about. Otherwise, Apple and their "fashionable" products are offtopic. (I don't see any relationship to this thread, and even not to this audio list.)

Good night,

Stefan Schreiber