Without more details, it hard to speculate about problems, but I'll note
that subtracting the outputs of two omnis to get a fig-8 response will
result in a frequency response that rises 6dB/octave with a 90 degree phase
shift relative to the sum.  Unless that is corrected, these signals are not
suitable for B-format.