To each his own. I do not care for the creeping up
of pitch.
Yes of course re equal temperament. But the
original subject was about 440 versus middle C--
pretty far off however one figures it.
In just intonation (where C= (3/5) 440 if A 440 is
the standard) middle C is 264 , it is still
pretty far from 440! (which I suppose was the original
point). Piano (equal temp.) pitch is a bit disconcerting
but there is so much good music for piano one
just learns to live with it.
Robert