On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 9:21 PM, Stefan Schreiber <st...@mail.telepac.pt>wrote:

> Again, the real problem seems to be the lack of available B format
> decoders.

I may be able to help here, as I've recently written a full-featured (dual
band, NFC, blah, blah...) Ambisonic decoder engine in Faust, as well as a
toolkit to design the decoder configurations (written in MATLAB/Octave).
 Several sursounders have been beta testing the toolkit and Faust backend
with some success.  It's all open source, licensed under GNU Affero General
Public License version 3, but I could be persuaded to change that in the
interest of wider adoption.

Faust is a DSP specification language, which compiles to highly optimized
C++, and then to VST, AU, LADSPA, Jack, MaxMSP, csound, SuperCollider, etc.
I believe it can also target Android and IOS, but I haven't confirmed that
personally.

Contact me directly (hel...@ai.sri.com) if you want to try it out.

Aaron  Heller
Menlo Park, CA  US