> Hi,
>
> please let me ask a basic question.
>
> I'k like to monitor some work of mine realized mainly using ATK and Sc3
> i.e. first order ambisonics.
>
> Could you plase suggest me some very small and inexpensive speakers ?

Sorry not a direct answer.

But it has been said on here (apologies forget who) that as the number of
speakers increase, then the quality becomes less 'relevant' --- that is a
multi-speaker array seems more forgiving.

Think the least I've paid is 20CHF (about 15 euro at the time) per pair.
They were so bad that DRC made them sound worse ..., but still got a
recognisable (and in its way impressive) 3-D image.

What one is listening to must be a big, big factor. Fireworks,
helicopters, jet planes cause less listener outrage than a well known
classical concert piece  .  .  .   suspect cutting edge 'contemprary'
music will avoid criticism (unless the audience really know the piece).

Whatever, _please_ do report back on what you finally do. It may be
anecdotal, but the more 'weight' to non-'evidence based' knowledge the
better.

Michael