Hi David,

Thanks for your considered response.

I _was_ actually thinking of it autolocating the speakers. And not necessarily
just for ambisonics, actually. Some sort of a spectrum analyser/preamplifier
device that derived the correct decode/gain controls of the real system
acccording to the actual location of the loudspeakers, decode algorithm and
your preferred listening spot ... and that self-callibrated each time you
turned the system on.

Given how difficult it seems to be for billions of people to set up a 5.1
system, surely there must be a market?

I'm actually surprised that such a device doesn't already exist.
Oh well, back to the stone-age method...

David