> In that case for my ambiences and nature recordings unfortunately it
> will give me so issues to work with.

Don't think there is _an_ answer for nature recording, though be glad to
be proved wrong.
Fons' TetraMic+Parabola interests me greatly ... though obviously the
output is not periphonic ... trying to think of situations where it might
produce a useable pantophonic nature recording (obviously stereo is no
problem).

We did many, many recordings (wetlands plus TetraMic). Frogs in the day:
fine. Dawn chorus: too much 'noise'.
But we were committed to making a presentation.
Arrived at the theatre.
"Can you cut that rowdy air-conditioning?"
"No."
Grimace.
As it was, everyone attuned to the a/c whilst 'settling down', so it was
not an issue ... and glory of glories it was louder than the noise level
on the recording.

One can get lucky ;-)>

Michael