Augustine Leudar wrote:
Hi Eric,
this is what I have done in a couple of permanent installations. I use
a motu ultralite and a mini pc  (or mac). This is fine for an
installation that will never be touched. However even using linux or a
mac there are problems with this setup for permanent installations if
the staff want to turn the system on and off each day - even doing my
best to secure all usb and power cables even in a few short months I
have had to go up a couple of times just to reconnect cables that have
been jogged etc Plus power cuts can cause problems with software on
any system.   I want to simplify the system - one dedicated box with
an on/off switch and a play button that staff can easily operate and
has the minimum amount of variables that can go wrong.
I think this program might do it :

http://www.dts.com/professionals/audio-software/dts-hd-master-audio-suite/overview.aspx

anyone used it ?

If you need 8 full range channels then it doesn't look like that will do it -

"Up to 7.1 ch. Discrete for Primary Audio for Blu-ray Disc"

What is this "one dedicated box" going to contain?