Hi All,

We have a position for a Studio Technician opening here at Uni Birmingham /
BEAST.

Info and application: http://bit.ly/1qE2sfz
Full Job Description: http://www.download.bham.ac.uk/vacancies/jd/51302.pdf

Please redistribute as appropriate.

Best,

Scott

__________

Studio Technician - Music - 51302

Applications are invited for the above post in the Department of Music. The
Department’s Electroacoustic Music Studios, and BEAST (Birmingham
ElectroAcoustic Sound Theatre, our large-scale multi-loudspeaker concert
presentation system), are internationally recognised for their history of
excellence and innovation.

The appointee will have expertise in the use and maintenance of computer-based
systems for electronic music composition, professional audio systems, and
computer networking. Excellent fault-finding and diagnostic skills, and the
ability to work flexible hours when needed are also essential. Additional
expertise in areas such as theatrical rigging, general purpose programming, and
video presentation would also be desirable, but not required.

Candidates should have a degree in a relevant field or substantial professional
experience. The appointee will be expected to take an active role in the
activities of BEAST (Birmingham ElectroAcoustic Sound Theatre, our large-scale
multi-loudspeaker concert presentation system) both in Birmingham and on tour,
to contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of BEAST and our
cutting edge facilities for electronic music, and to contribute to the
administration of the Electroacoustic Music Studios and sound recording
facilities. See the available Job Description for full details of expertise and
responsibilities.

Informal enquiries should be directed to Dr. Scott Wilson:
s.d.wil...@bham.ac.uk