From: Sursound [mailto:sursound-boun...@music.vt.edu] On Behalf Of Braxton Boren
Sent: den 12 november 2014 19:25
To: sursound@music.vt.edu
Subject: [Sursound] Oculus Rift Visual Demo + Ambisonic Audio Available?

Hey everyone,

Our lab is working on some audio spatialization techniques that we'd like to
sync up with visual content over the Oculus Rift. We would like to process the
Ambisonic audio content separately (using head-tracking data from the Oculus)
for binaural rendering while the interactive VR visuals are running on the
Oculus.

I was just wondering if there are any freely available demos that include both
VR visuals for Oculus as well as Ambisonic sound files.

So I'm basically looking for

   - VR visual content *integrated *with the Oculus Rift
   - *Raw *Ambisonic recordings that go along with the VR simulation

Alternatively, if there is no Ambisonic content I could start out with binaural
audio being output, but farther down the line I'd prefer raw Ambisonic
recordings to be able to test different binaural rendering techniques as well.

Let me know if you know of anything available along these lines. Thanks so much!

--Braxton

--
Braxton Boren
Postdoctoral Research Associate