Hi,

I use a LP-16 from CymaticAudio :
http://www.cymaticaudio.com/

Not too expensive for a 16 channels 24 bits player (and 18 output sound card),
and up to now, very reliable.

The only little drawback is that it needs multi-mono files instead of
multichannel ones.

Jean-Marc

Le 14/12/2014 à 14:28, Marc Lavallée <m...@hacklava.net> écrit :
On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 18:44:32 +0530, umashankar manthravadi wrote:
> I have been planning to integrate the other half - eight channel usb
> d to a convertor built into an eight channel amplifier so you get rid
> of all the input wiring and just connect usb. 16 bit 48 k is possible
> right now but not 24 bit. does it matter ? umashankar

I believe that 16bit is more than enough for home reproduction.
--
Marc

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1044277-REG/sound_devices_970_64_track_dante_and_madi.html