Duu.uuh!!  http://parole.loria.fr/DEMAND/DEMAND.pdf states

"the microphones of the array ... are not calibrated with respect to each
other, and so gain variations are to be expected: we found that the energy
in some channels is consistently higher than in other channels. Algorithms
working on this data should compensate for this variation"

ie they haven't a clue what each capsule is doing.

This precludes any attempt at conversion to B-format and also of
beamforming.

I was hoping this might lead to a discussion about EigenMike and how it
might be made good enough to record music but this is certainly NOT the
vehicle.

I can't help feeling they should beg borrow or steal a TetraMic and repeat
their recordings.

Presently, about all you can say is they have a close bunch of unspecified
mikes in some sort of horizontal pattern.

Curtiss, if you are after some 'realistic' atmospheric background (and this
is something TetraMic and properly aligned Soundfields do better than an
ything else), try ambisonia.com and recordings by John Leonard
(soundmanjohn), Paul Doombusch, JH Roy & others.

John Leonard's specialty is WW2 aircraft flyovers but he includes a lot of
airfield noise too :)  He's also got some very realistic street scenes,
audience noise, applause etc too.

Aaron, you are right about SVD not being much use here as we have multiple
solutions but I was hoping to dream up something to help S/N at LF.