Hi,

Please excuse the spam, but I thought that could be of interest to some people
in the list.

My name is Archontis Politis, I am a doctoral student in the spatial sound
research group of Aalto University in Finland, working on parametric spatial
sound recording/reproduction techniques, and combinations with
non-parametric/ambisonic approaches.
I’m wrapping up my thesis and in the meantime I tidied up some Matlab/Octave
code I had, and pushed it out publicly. These include:

- A compact Higher-order ambisonics library that implements a few recent
decoding approaches, along with performance evaluation in terms of velocity and
energy vectors

- A Spherical Harmonic Transform library, which includes rotations,
convolutions and coupling coefficients of spherical functions, for both real
and complex SHs.

- An amplitude panning library that implement VBAP, VBIP, VBAP & VBIP-based
spreading, and some variants

- An array simulator for arbitrary directional microphones and arrays of
microphone on and around a rigid scatterer (spherical or cylindrical)

The HOA library is only for 3D layouts at the moment, and it returns decoding
matrices for two classic decoding approaches, plus the recent energy-preserving
decoding by (Zotter, Pomberger, Noisterning, 2012), the All-round ambisonic
decoding by (Zotter and Frank, 2012), and the Constant Angular Spread Decoding
by (Epain, Jin and Zotter, 2014). It also includes rotations of recordings,
max-rE weighting and frequency-dependent decoding as options.

The array simulator can be used to obtain impulse/frequency responses of arrays
that deliver HOA signals, and study the effect of the array to their frequency
response/aliasing etc.

These can be found at:

https://github.com/polarch/

with respective showcase/documentation found at:

http://research.spa.aalto.fi/projects/sht-lib/sht.html
http://research.spa.aalto.fi/projects/vbap-lib/vbap.html
http://research.spa.aalto.fi/projects/ambi-lib/ambi.html
http://research.spa.aalto.fi/projects/arraysim-lib/arraysim.html

I hope something here could prove useful to you. In case you use them, any
feedback, corrections, etc. is mostly welcome!

Best regards,

Archontis Politis
Doctoral Researcher
Department of Signal Processing and Acoustics
Aalto University, Finland