Unfortunately, hot air balloons tend to have soundfields dominated by loud
propane flames just above head height. Gliders, especially microlight ones,
are quieter - or, at least, the wind noises are more evenly distributed.
Can't answer about parachutes - should be better but haven't done that (yet)

  Dave

On 7 December 2015 at 13:58, umashankar manthravadi <umasha...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hot air balloons !
>

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

As of 1st October 2012, I have retired from the University.

These are my own views and may or may not be shared by the University

Dave Malham
Honorary Fellow, Department of Music
The University of York
York YO10 5DD
UK

'Ambisonics - Component Imaging for Audio'