From: Sursound [mailto:sursound-boun...@music.vt.edu] On Behalf Of Augustine
Leudar
Sent: 10 December 2015 16:05
To: Surround Sound discussion group <sursound@music.vt.edu>
Subject: Re: [Sursound] vertical precendence and summing localisation (wallis
and lee 2015)

 I ended up making one one ! well sort of - I added the ascending frequency
notches/bumps/filters to the ICST panners etc in a max patch to make things
sound like they were "higher" when panned upwards - of course the same problem
that everyone has their own personal hrtf was encountered. It certainly worked
but so did end making things slightly quieter as they got higher and
increasingly higher in pitch. I cant help thinking of the way looney tunes
cartoons intuitively picked up on this when making their sound effects(when
roadrunner falls of a cliff a sound goes down - when he is blown into the sky a
noise goes higher in pitch) . Intuitive I guess but its nice to see some of the
science behind it .